To advance the profession of mental health counseling and the professional development of mental health counselors.
EDUCATE ~ ADVOCATE ~ SUPPORT ~ COLLABORATE
RIMHCA exists to:
• Provide a system of information exchange among mental health counselors through the dissemination of information via seminars and conferences, as well as educational and professional materials that assist mental health counselors in updating and enhancing their competencies and promote excellence through training;
• Promote high standards for the education and training of mental health counselors;
• Promote scientific research and inquiry into the mental health counseling field regarding clinical practices as related to professional theory;
• Promote positive relations with other professional organizations concerned with the rights of mental health consumers;
• Promote visibility and name recognition of our profession and provide information concerning the role and function of mental health counselors, their professional competencies and the different services they provide;
• Provide a liaison on both state and national levels with other professional groups to assist the advancement of the mental health field.